- Opening Cermony founders Humberto Leon and Carol Lim took over Kenzo a while ago, a great match, check out this new add!
- Nice cover of Complex on Lana Del Rey. Wheter she appeal to you or not as an artist I have to say that the debate about her smells of filthy old misogynic perception of a women, keep that in mind. & here is also yesterday's SNL sketch.
- Madonnas new video "Gimme All Your Love" featuring M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj was of course released with perfect timing for her first Super Bowl Final performance today! No it's not any new Ray Of Light this time either, but there's someting of an younger Madonna in it. The song is a 80's pop tune, a "Holiday" type of one of the kind that always suited her girlie voice. And gets stuck in your head like bubble gum, even if it's not your flavour.
The video looks inspired by old musicals like "Umbrellas Of Cheerbourg" (my dad's favorite!), add the CGI effects of today and also keep Janet's "Alright" video (like I said before one of my favorites all time!) among others in mind (especially the taxi scene). M.I.A. who's been been criticizing Gaga more than once, is doing a visual statement with the appearance. Nicki of course kicks it like Nicki does (and we can now forget about that other song) and I'm glad to have M.I.A. in a context like Super Bowl 'cause God knows mainstream America needs women like her in the lime light.
Favorite moment: Madonna goes back to True Blue/Virgin Style - just as M.I.A. and Nicki. Akward moment - when MDNA breastfeeding and then throws the baby away...Touchdown?!
Anyway I'm more eager about the performance that will feature "Vogue", "Like A Prayer" and "Music" later today!!! This is new even for Madonna, she's gotta be more nervous than she has been in loads of years! Btw. you hear me talk about it on the Swedish radio tomorrow (P3 around 10.30)
- Nobody has missed the "Bad Girls" video huh? Music Journalist Jan Gradvall just called M.I.A. a Malcolm McLaren - meant as a compliment but I'm not sure she will appreciate it such as one. But it raises the question so present in every 2FACED1s life, who are you representing and who can you represent? My peeps are pretty comfortable in the space in between, refusing getting drawn in to dichotomies, just being fine being something new, but identity is a complex thing, hard to handle (otherwise there wouldn't be no 2FACED1 articles). Then I have my expectations on M.I.A. which is another chapter. But again I'm happy to have her up there and I love the stunts and car CGI stuff of the video. + the importance of her doing stuff young males validates as cool, since too many young males don't valuate stuff women does as particulary cool. What ever the essence of cool now is.
- Fleet Ilya have made the perfect bag (but you know I'm wearing a football in mine!)